Dear members of our community, we need your help.
We would now like to ask for your help in helping us find sponsors to support this event.
We have written blog posts that lay out the case for support from commercial enterprises as well as from support from foundations and other grant-making bodies.
If you work for an organization, please consider advocating for CarpentryCon 2018 sponsorship within that organization. We have laid out the arguments for you in the two linked posts above.
If you would prefer us to make the approach, that is fine. Please just email me the contact details of the person I should approach and I will do the rest.
The more sponsorship money we have, the more we can open the event up:
- we can provide travel scholarships to facilitate attendance by people who live a long way away
- we can rebate registrations for people suffering financial hardship
- we can offer greater support for people travelling with their families
- we can offer a broader range of workshops
We want CarpentryCon 2018 to be a really diverse and inclusive event that fosters a sense of belonging to a wide global community.
Help us make CarpentryCon 2018 a fantastic event!
– Belinda Weaver, Community Development Lead