Design a Promotional Poster for CarpentryCon 2018
The Carpentries are excited to announce our poster design competition where some lucky member of our community will win a free registration for CarpentryCon 2018.
Are there any artists out there who could design a fantastic poster? If so, we want to see your design!
The winning designer will take home some fantastic Carpentries swag and gain free registration to CarpentryCon 2018. This includes registration for the conference only. It does not include travel to and from Dublin.
Information for the Poster
CarpentryCon 2018 will take place in Dublin from 30 May - 1 June, 2018 at University College Dublin with the overarching theme of Building Locally, Connecting Globally.
The three-day event will focus on professional development, community building and networking, as we aim to help skill up the next generation of research leaders. Find out more from the CarpentryCon 2018 website.
About the Competition
|What will the poster be used for?||The winning poster will be used for promotional and advertising purposes and featured in all CarpentryCon 2018 advertising across a range of social media, including Twitter and Facebook.|
|When can you submit a design?||Entries can be submitted now.|
|What is the closing date for entries?||5pm UTC on 31 January, 2018. We will announce the winner on 10 February, 2018.|
|Who can enter?||Anyone may enter, though entrants must be over the age of 18.|
|Can I submit more than one design?||Yes, competition entrants are welcome to submit as many designs as they like.|
|What does the poster need to include?||Posters should reflect the conference theme of Building Locally, Connecting Globally, and should also include the venue and dates (see above) and a link to the CarpentryCon website.|
|How will the judging be done?||Entries in the poster competition will be assessed by the members of the CarpentryCon task force who will choose the poster that best embodies the conference theme of Building Locally, Connecting Globally. The winner will be notified by email once the decision has been reached, and unsuccessful entrants will also be notified by email of the result.|
|How to submit your design||Submit your design as an A4-sized PDF email attachment by 31 January, 2018 to team AT carpentries.org, with the words CarpentryCon Poster Competition in the subject line. Please include your name in your entry. Submitting a poster indicates your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions stated below.|
Competition Terms and Conditions:
- Entry to this competition means that the entrant warrants that he or she meets the entry requirements and accepts these terms and conditions.
- Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses that they incur in creating their poster and submitting it to the competition. No costs incurred by competition entrants will be reimbursed.
- Entrants to the competition will retain the full copyright of their design.
- Entrants to the competition warrant that any image(s) used in their design is free for use and does not infringe any organization’s or person’s copyright.
- Entrants to the competition warrant that they have all necessary rights to provide the intellectual property within their poster to the Carpentries for promotional and advertising purposes.
- Entrants to the competition warrant that they license the Carpentries to use the winning design at no cost to promote CarpentryCon 2018.
- The Carpentries retain the right to disqualify any entrants or entries where we reasonably suspect any unlawful or improper conduct, such as infringing a third party’s intellectual property rights, or otherwise breaching the competition’s terms and conditions.
CARPENTRYCON 2018 · COMPETITIONS · DESIGNS
Dialogue & Discussion
You can review our commenting policy here.