- All the details on the joint future of the Carpentries explained. Please feel free to ask any questions that you need answered.
- The very first ever Data Carpentry in Ethiopia was held and it was an extraordinary experience.
- The Lesson Infrastructure Subcommittee had their 2017 September meeting and have come up with some resolutions.
- We are pleased to anounce we have three new staff members who will be working for the Carpentries part time: SherAaron Hurt is the new Workshop Adminstrator for the Carpentries, Elizabeth Williams has joined as a part-time Business Administrator, and Karen Word has joined the Carpentries and will be the Deputy Director of Instructor training.
- If you feel there is a community member who is working extra hard to help our organization, please consider nominating them for a Community Service Award.
- Why is Python growing so quickly?
- Carpentry instructors - some great advice here on making workshops better for people with Dyslexia.
- Want to submit a Carpentries blog post but nervous about GitHub? You can use a form.
- Know an unsung hero of the Carpentries? Nominate them for a Community Service Award.
- Want to report on a workshop? Write a Software Carpentry blog post.
- Read our newsletter, Carpentry Clippings, to keep tabs on our community.
- Want more Carpentries? Support our growth by becoming a member organization.
- Report of recent in-person staff meeting for both Carpentries - what we discussed.
- We now have a discussion group just for #assessment, led by @DrKariLJordan.
- Our newsletter will appear on Tuesday. Not a subscriber yet? Sign up here.
- Everything you need to know about CarpentryCon.
- Brian’s Poetical notes on the unix shell is availabel on his google drive.
- The University of Mauritius along with other sponsors hosted an HPC workshop in July and had attendees from various backgrounds.
- University of Namibia held the second Software Carpentry workshop in Namibia and learned some valuable lessons.
- Plese share your thoughts on the future of the Carpentries.
- Share your ideas and exerience on the Software Carpentry lessons.
- The Carpentries, the National Node of Bioinformatics Mexico (NNB) and the Ibero-American Society of Bioinformatics (SoIBio) invite you all to participate in the project Carpentry for Latin America.
Stencila was used to teach SQL and R at a UBC workshop in Canada.
- 16 workshops were run over the past 30 days. For more information about past workshops, please visit our website.
- The University of Washington eScience Institute, Lawrence Livermore Labs, The River Club, Aarhus University, The Francis Crick Institute, Oxford University, University of Nebraska Omaha , Karolinska Institutet,UCLA, University of Michigan, University of Pennsylvania, Boston University, European Molecular Biology Laboratory, University of Otago & NeSI, Institute for Theoretical Physics UAM-CSIC, Minnesota State University Moorhead, Rutgers University, Camden , Harvard Medical School.
- University of Manchester, University of Missouri - Columbia.