- The reorganization timeline has been drafted and awaiting approval from the respective steering committees.
- Learn about the HPC-in-a-day course that brings the fun back to HPC.
- we are pleased to anounce the publication of Good Enough Practices for Scientific Computing.
- We are very excited for Maneesha Sane that is moving from Program Coordinator to Program Manager of the Carpentries.
- Software and Data Carpentry are looking to hire a part-time Workshop Administrator to help set up workshops and ensure that they run smoothly.
- Top 10 tips for image acquisition if you are going to do image analysis. Spread the word and happy quantifying!
- Just out, “Good Enough Practices in Scientific Computing”
- Ten simple rules for collaborative lesson development.
- Good essay on value of empathy in work. Empathy of @swcarpentry instructors humanizes technical skills for learners.
- How open is your opensource? Check out the Open Source Survey.
- Our secretary has commited to write a monthly blog post to ensure better transparency between the Steering Committee and the community.
- Macquire University held their first ever instructor training and it went very well.
- 17 workshops were run over the past 30 days. For more information about past workshops, please visit our website.
- Upcoming Workhshops:
- ResBaz 2017- Python, ResBaz 2017 - R, University of Technology Sydney, University of Würzburg, University of Auckland, UQ Winter School , University of Chicago, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California San Francisco , University of Mauritius, Imperial College London, University College London, McMaster Software Carpentry Workshop.
- University of Southampton, Washington State University.
- University of Würzburg, Oregon State University/CGRB.
Dialogue & Discussion
You can review our commenting policy here.