- We are pleased to announce the first ever Library Carpentry instructor training in 2017.
- The very first Software Carpentry community service awards have been awarded.
- Greg Wilson will be taking up a position as Computer Science Educator Lead at Shopify, and will continue to work as a volunteer with the Carpentries.
- We are exited about the upcoming series of panel discussions on the variety of career paths available for our community members.
- Department of Physics and Astronomy at UCL (University College London) is looking for a physics teacher with IT skills.
- Have you considered making a donation to Software Carpentry?
- 8 best practices to improve your scientific software.
- A minimum standard for publishing computational results in the Weather and Climate Sciences.
- How to write a reproducible paper.
- The 2017 Steering Committee Candidates have shared their stories with us: Sue McClatchy, Rayna Harris, Kate Hertweck, Christina Koch, Mateusz Kuzak, Karin Lagesen, Belinda Weaver.
- Python is not only for coding serious programs, you can also use it to create art.
- Communication is the key to any successful foundation, we would like to better our communication between community, staff and Steering Committee.
- Despite some severe wheather conditions in New Zealand, NIWA had a very succesful workshop.
- The Steering Committee’s year in review by Rayna Harris.
- A special thank you to everyone involved in the instructor discussin sessions during the year.
Some insight on how SWC and DC can lead you to new and exciting places.
- 7 workshops were run over the past 30 days. For more information about past workshops, please visit our website.
January 229th AAS Meeting, Oklahoma State University, NERC / The University of Bristol,University of Nebraska - Lincoln, University of Oxford, The University of Washington eScience Institute, Michigan State University, University of California Berkeley, University of Oklahoma, University of Connecticut, Software Carpentry @ UW Madison, LCG-Aula 1-2, Centro de Ciencias Genómicas, UNAM, University of Michigan, NERC / The University of Bristol, Langley Research Center, Imperial College London, Neuroscience Research Australia, ResBaz Hobart, Python Stream, ResBaz Hobart, R Stream.