- Congradulations and thanks to everyone who contributed to Version 2016.06 of the Software Carpentry lessons which have just been published.
- You can now partner with Software and/or Data Carpentry to develop new lessons. Get in touch to discuss your ideas.
- Please take note of our new lesson template.
- Apply now for online instructor training.
- Some frequently asked questions about the reopening of the Instructor training have been addressed.
- Why attend a Software & Data Carpentry instructor training workshop?
- About ten hours is all you will need to qualify as an instructor after the initial training event.
- University of Otago held a three day workshop which allowed attendees to also have some “productive” hours afterwards.
- Robin Wilson suggested some changes one could show during teaching in order not to confuse and bombard students with too much information.
- Universtiy of Auckland held a succesfull two day Genomics R workshop despite some random challenges.
- Universtiy of Auckland also held a Python-based winter bootcamp and received overwhelmingly positive feedback.
- Full house attendance taught by newly qualified Australian instructors under the guidance of Belinda Weaver. Read about the suggested inclusion of real-world challenges.
Three workshops took place in Brazil in Florianópolis,Campinas, and São Paulo. The feedback was postive, attendees learned a lot. Currently they are looking for sponsors to promote the First Brazilian Software Carpentry workshop for Women in Science and Engineering.
- 17 workshops were run over the past 30 days. For more information about past workshops, please visit our website.
- Upcoming Workhshops:
- July: Colorado State University.
August: RDA-CODATA Research Data Science Summer School, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Dept of Science, Information Technology & Innovation, Federal Reserve Board, University of Tasmania, Compute Ontario Summer School - University of Ottawa, Colorado State University, Cornell University, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Stony Brook University, Interacting Minds Centre & Cognition and Behavior Lab, Aarhus University, University of Edinburgh, University of Namibia, University of Rhode Island, Coastal Institute.
September: European Molecular Biology Laboratory.
- October: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, The River Club, University of Colorado Boulder