- Have you previously attended a Software Carpentry workshop? Get involved with the follow-up study on “The Efficacy and Usefulness of Software Carpentry Training” by completing a survey. Feedback on your experience will be greatly appreciated!
- Minutes of the Steering Committee Meeting is available - suggestions to modify the workflow of the minutes are welcome!
- Please add your comments to the topics in ongoing discussions.
- There is a discussion on the mailing list about “onboarding” documents for laboratories or small research groups. Also see Lab Carpentry.
- Mexican/Spanish speaking instructors are needed for a Software Carpentry workshop later in the year. Please let us know if you’re interested to teach.
- Read about approaches and experiences on teaching python to undergraduate geoscientists.
- Huge progress was made on updating Library Carpentry material during the Mozilla Science Lab Global Sprint.
- Kally Chung wrote about their recent workshop with Raniere Silva in Brazil.
- Another successful Software Carpentry workshop was hosted in Palmerston North (New Zealand), also including a session on HPC.
- Belinda Weaver recently ran a Library Carpentry at the University of Queensland using the new materials.
- Call for submissions for the 4th Workshop on Sustainable Software for Science: Practice and Experiences (WSSSPE4) are open.
- The third Software Carpentry workshop were run at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand in June.
- 41 workshops were run over the past 30 days. For more information about past workshops, please visit our website.
- Upcoming Workhshops:
- June: University of Otago & NeSI, Federal Reserve Board
- July: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, University of Auckland and NeSI - Winter Bootcamp - SWC with Python, University of Auckland and NeSI - Winter Bootcamp - SWC with R, R workshop - The University of Queensland, SciPy 2016, University of Oxford, The Jackson Laboratory, University of Southern Queensland, University of Zurich, Curtin University, South Florida Water Management District, Philippines
- August: Colorado State University
- September: European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- October: Aristotle University of Thessaloniki