- The Software Carpentry team has now run more than 500 workshops for 16,000 participants!
- Remember to join our global instructor/helper retreat on 14 November. If you care about training, join a site near you or dial in via Google Hangouts.
- Please take note of the planned dates for upcoming debriefing sessions for instructors.
- Ten Simple Rules for Digital Data Storage: A new article on the importance of considering data storage and metadata tagging that started as a discussion on the Software Carpentry mailing list.
- Are you building products or developing services to advance Open Science? Read more about the global science competition launched by the Wellcome Trust and NIH.
- James Baker provided a great write-up of things they've learnt at the recent Programming Historians Live event. An interesting read for historians and non-historians alike.
- Do you know of existing communities that Software Carpentry alumni can plug into after workshops to help them sustain their growth in doing open and reproducible research with the tools we teach? Please let us know.
- Philip Fowler provided feedback on their Software Carpentry workshop at the Forschnungzentrum, Jülich.
- The MSU Digital Evolution Laboratory recently ran a Software Carpentry/Avida hybrid workshop. Emily Dolson summarised their lessons learnt.
- 6 workshops were run over the week. For full details on previous workshops please visit our website.
- Several workshops have been confirmed for the next few months. Upcoming workshops can be viewed on our website. Newly added workshops are indicated with "*".
- October: University of Manitoba, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, Duke University, Calcul Quebec, Universite Laval, University of Leeds
- November: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, NeSI - Northshore Region Workshop, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), University of Nebraska - Lincoln, North-West University, University of Notre Dame, Culham Centre for Fusion Energy, Northwestern University, NYU Medical Center, CoDiMa - University of Manchester, Iowa State University, Colegio Universitario Hotel Escuela de Los Andes Venezolanos*, European Institute for Theoretical Neuroscience, University of Miami, University of California San Francisco - R*, University of California San Francisco - Python*, Climate Change Research Centre, UNSW Australia, University of Helsinki, University of Edinburgh, NeSI - Lincoln Region Workshop
Anelda van der Walt
Dialogue & Discussion
You can review our commenting policy here.