- Please welcome our new executive director, Jonah Duckles!
- Please join us on 14 November for the first international multi-site instructor and helper retreat. The blog post explains how you can get involved or host a site.
- Read about the new lesson on Data Visualisation with D3 and the pros of interactive data visualisation in Isabell Kiral-Kornek and Robert Kerr's post.
- We're actively revising our teaching practice and lesson design. The latest feedback from people who've taught the Python lessons is summarised and there's another opportunity for you to add your thoughts via a short survey or longer discussion. We'd love to hear from you!
- We're still talking about the citation format for our lessons. You can follow the latest discussion and contribute your suggestions at the blog post.
- Want to make a word cloud from your next Software Carpentry workshop's feedback sticky notes? There's a ready-made Python sript for you.
- Pete Bachant summarised recent experiences during a Software Carpentry workshop at the University of New Hampshire.
- Michael Levy wrote a fantastic post about his week-long Software Carpentry-inspired R workshop for 200 participants at UC Davis in September. He provides great tips for what worked and what he would do differently in future.
- 15 workshops were run over the last two weeks. For full details on previous workshops please visit our website.
- Several workshops have been confirmed for the next few months. Upcoming workshops can be viewed on our website. Newly added workshops are indicated with "*".
- October: University of Calgary*, University of Vermont*, Virginia Tech, COMBINE - University of Sydney, University of Alberta*, Acadia University, University of Michigan, University of Hawaii at Manoa*, Jackson Laboratory, University of Washington - Seattle, The Jackson Laboratory for Genomic Medicine, Calcul Quebec, Universite Laval, University of Leeds*
- November: NeSI - Northshore Region Workshop*, European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL), University of Notre Dame*, CoDiMa - University of Manchester*, Climate Change Research Centre, UNSW Australia