- Do you want to meet other Software Carpentry instructors and share your training experience? Let us know when you'll be available for our first Virtual Instructors' Retreat. We've already heard back from 60 people!
- How do you know if a fee waiver or discount will apply to your Software Carpentry Workshop? Read our new guidelines.
- Mike Jackson wrote about how easy and rewarding it is to add lessons to the Software Carpentry repertoire. It's inspirational to see the power of openness and collaboration.
- Join our mentoring sub committee — it's a great opportunity to simultaneously learn and give back.
- Share your ideas for a Maths undergraduate Python curriculum with Ian Hawke (and us).
- RStudio wants to hear from you about how to improve their software for training purposes. An interesting discussion is already under way.
- Do you know what an ORCID can do for you? Read Will Fyson's post about the purpose and potential of ORCID for researchers.
- Buy your Software Carpentry sticker through Sticker Mule now!
- Take a tour across the UK and Europe with Aleksandra Pawlik in her latest blog about the Software Sustainability Institute's training and outreach activities.
- Nine workshops were run over the last ten days. For full details on previous workshops please visit our website.
- Several workshops have been confirmed for the next few months. Upcoming workshops can be viewed on our website. Newly added workshops are indicated with "*".
- August: NERC / University of Leeds
- September: University of Michigan, UW Madison*, SAEON GSN Indibano*, University of Surrey, The University of Leeds - Advanced Research Computing, Universidade de São Paulo, University of Chicago, University of Queensland
- October: James Cook University
- November: European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)