- Do you know what a Research Software Engineer is or why we desperately need to recognise the role RSEs are playing in research? Read about the history of RSEs and a fellowship programme available for RSEs in the UK.
- Version 5.4 of our lessons will be released at the end of November, rather than mid-August, and lesson build tools will remain unchanged until then. Most importantly we'll be changing the Python lessons to run on Python 3.
- Are you looking for other ways to contribute to Software Carpentry? Visit our Projects page to see an exciting list of opportunities for you to get involved.
- Pauline Barmby summarised her experience at a recent all women's Software Carpentry workshop at the University of Toronto.
- Damien Irving recently ran a Software Carpentry workshop as part of a Masters course module for Earth Sciences. They are also making Software Carpentry software available through the research cloud, NeCTAR.
- A genomics focussed Data Carpentry hackathon and workshop was held at the Unviversity of Untrecht, Netherlands. The workshop formed part of an ELIXIR Pilot Project and was generally well received.
- Workshops were run at the University of Melbourne, Yonsei University, and the University of Queensland. For a full list of our past workshops, please visit our website.
- Several workshops have been confirmed for the next few months. Upcoming workshops can be viewed on our website. Newly added workshops are indicated with "*".
- July: SciPy 2015, UC Davis*, UC Berkeley*, West Vancouver Memorial Library, The University of Queensland - AMOS sciences, University of Melbourne, Unvirsity of Nebraska - Lincoln*, SAP Offices in Feltham, University of Cape Town, Hospital for Sick Children, Curtin University, Harvard University, Life Sciences Institute, UBC*
- August: CU Boulder Libraries*, NERC / University of Leeds*
- September: The University of Leeds - Advanced Research Computing*, University of Queensland*