- Software Carpentry instructors are encouraged to help develop new assessments for learners by suggesting questions that should be asked of learners.
- A two-day remote instructor course will be trialed across three sites on June 8-9. Watch this space for feedback about the experience.
- Andromeda Yelton has produced a wonderful resource for librarians who code (or want to code) in the form of six articles titled "Coding for Librarians: Learning by Example".
- Christian Jacobs, Gerard Gorman, and Lorraine Craig's paper on the evolution of their geoscience computing course and the influence of Software Carpentry is available from arxiv.org.
- Greg Wilson provided a list of articles discussing educational politics, evidence-based learning, and course evaluations.
- Piotr Banaszkiewicz is working on the Amy project this summer as part of Google Summer of Code and is already making some progress.
- Greg Wilson compiled an interesting collection of abstracts from ICSE 2015 on empirical studies in software engineering and related topics.
- Workshops were run at University of Oklahoma Libraries, Oklahoma State University, University of Melbourne, and the Federal Reserve Board this week.
- Several workshops have been confirmed for the next few months. Upcoming workshops can be viewed on our website. Newly added workshops are indicated with "*".
- May: Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, HASTAC Conference*
- June: Universidade Federal do Parana, University of Oslo*, LHCb in CERN, Geneva*, Berkeley Institute for Data Science - BIDS, University of Campinas, University of Cambridge, Materials Physics Center - University of the Basque Country, University of St Andrews*, NeSI - Otago Region Workshop, Universidade Federal do Ceara, California Institute of Technology, The Jackson Laboratory*, NeSI - Palmerston North Region Workshop*, Utrecht University, Johns Hopkins University, University of Washington
- July: The University of Queensland, SciPy 2015, West Vancouver Memorial Library, The University of Queensland - AMOS sciences, SAP Offices in Feltham, University of Cape Town, Hospital for Sick Children*, Curtin University
Anelda van der Walt
Dialogue & Discussion
You can review our commenting policy here.