- A summary of the steering committee's activities has been provided by Karin Lagesen. Her post includes links to board meeting minutes and an overview of the newly-formed subcommittees.
- Software Carpentry will be running five workshops for companies. Please get in touch if you are aware of companies that may be interested to participate in this pilot program.
- What are your feelings about women-only events to address the gender gap in STEM? Read about the experiences and observations from instructors during a recent WiSE workshop.
- Do you have suggestions to include in a 10-step inception deck that could facilitate alignment of goals for research coding projects? Please share your thoughts with us.
- Highlights from the Data Carpentry Genomics and Assesment hackathon held in March have been posted by Kate Hertweck. (See also this post for another perspective.)
- Workshops were run last week at the University of Washington (Seattle) and University of Melbourne as well as a train-the-trainer workshop at the NIH.
- Several workshops have been confirmed for the next few months. Upcoming workshops can be viewed on our website. Newly added workshops are indicated with "*".
- April: NCAR Foothills Lab*, Imperial College London, University of Virginia, Northwestern University, University of California - Santa Barbara, Wrigley Building, Arizona State University, University of Texas at Arlington, University of Nebraska - Omaha, Washington State University, Simon Fraser University
- May: University of South Florida - College of Marine Science*, Western University, University of Melbourne
- July: The University of Queensland, The University of Queensland - AMOS sciences
Anelda van der Walt
Dialogue & Discussion
You can review our commenting policy here.