- The next online lab meeting will take place on 1 April at 10:00 and 19:00 Eastern time. Remember to sign up.
- Jenny Bryan contributed a Gapminder data package now available through CRAN which might be helpful in setting up for Software Carpentry workshops.
- Data Carpentry developed new material for teaching dplyr using their ecological dataset.
- Students can apply to participate in our Google Summer of Code projects until 19:00 UTC on 27 March 2015. We have several exciting projects available.
- Insight Data Science launched a new seven week fellows program in Health Data Science.
- Uwe Hilgert described their recent experiences at an iPlant workshop. They built a curriculum covering everything from data cleaning to generating publishable analysis and diagrams.
- Three workshop were run last week: Utah State University, University of Arkansas, and University of Waterloo. The workshop at Saint Francis Xavier University was cancelled due to snow, because Canada.
- Several workshops have been confirmed for the next few months. Upcoming workshops can be viewed on our website.
- March: Harvard School of Public Health, University of Oklahoma Libraries
- April: University of Washinghton - Seattle, Imperial College London, Northwestern University, University of California - Santa Barbara, University of Texas at Arlington, Washington State University, Simon Fraser University
- May: Western University, University of Melbourne
- July: The University of Queensland, The University of Queensland - AMOS sciences