The 2015 International Workshop on Software Engineering for High Performance Computing in Science is being held in conjunction with the International Conference on Software Engineering in Florence, Italy in May 2015. Topics to be covered include:
- the demanding characteristics of research software that affect its development choices;
- the appropriate context dimensions to describe research software;
- the major software quality goals for research software to run on HPC architectures;
- crossing the communication chasm between SE and Science when experiments are software or data-intensive;
- effectively involving scientists in software development and training;
- measuring the impact of SE on scientific productivity;
- SE tools and methods needed by the scientific community; and
- how to effectively test scientific HPC software.
For more information, please contact Prof. Jeffrey Carver.