MITACS (which provided funding for this summer's offering of the course, and which funds a lot of other mathematically-oriented work in Canada) has an opening for a scientific coordinator. Details are in the job posting; specific responsibilities include:
- Promote MITACS programs within the scientific community and provide a point of contact for feedback and questions
- Ensure quality, fairness and timeliness of scientific peer-review processes
- Program management tasks such as:
- Establish program strategy and action plans for new MITACS programs
- Develop and monitor program budgets
- Coordinate with other MITACS staff on program implementation and ongoing monitoring of program effectiveness
- Work closely with the Communications and Government Relations Department on program promotion and feedback
- Provide regular status updates, reports and program evaluation
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
If you'd like to help shape the development of mathematics and science in Canada, this might be the job for you...
Dialogue & Discussion
You can review our commenting policy here.