Our Workshops ›
Find or host a workshop.
Our Lessons ›
Have a look at what we teach.
Get Involved ›
Help us help researchers.
Upcoming WorkshopsClick on an individual event to learn more about that event, including contact information and registration instructions.
ACENET: Programming Workshop: Unix Shell, Version Control and Python
Instructors: Ross Dickson, Oliver Stueker, Mathew Larade
Helpers: Grace Fishbein
|Sep 21 - Sep 30, 2020|
Instructors: Richard Miller, Belinda Fabian, Evan Matthews
Helpers: Paula Andrea Martinez, Vince Polito, Sara King, Hume Winzar, Lucie Semenec, Jon Mifsud, Ly Tong, Alex Southern, Maria Korochkina, Natalie Wall
|Sep 21 - Sep 25, 2020|
Flatiron Institute (online)
Instructors: Melissa Fabros, Rohit Goswami, Elnaz Amanzadeh Jajin, Yuanxi Fu
|Sep 24 - Sep 25, 2020|
University College London
Instructors: David Perez-Suarez, Thomas Dowrick, Matthew Gillman, Timothy Spain
Helpers: Tuomas Koskela, Aasiyah Rashan, Alessandro Felder, Nisha Lad
|Sep 30 - Oct 2, 2020|
Instructors: Thomas Guignard, Hamid Mokhtarzadeh, David Yakobovitch, Annajiat Alim Rasel
|Oct 5 - Oct 8, 2020|
University of Washington (online)
Instructors: Bryna Hazelton, Chad Curtis, Jacob Deppen, Noah Benson
Helpers: Emilia Gan, Bernease Herman, Rob Fatland, Noah Benson
|Oct 5 - Oct 8, 2020|
October 2020 SWC Workshop @TU Delft (online)
Instructors: Heather Andrews, Nicolas Dintzner
Helpers: Kees den Heijer, Santosh Ilamparuthi, Yan Wang, Masha Rudneva, Lora Armstrong
|Oct 7 - Oct 14, 2020|
Instructors: Peter Steinbach, Fredo Erxleben
Helpers: Christian Hüser
|Oct 7 - Oct 8, 2020|
Instructors: Alice Harpole, Michael Zingale, Marijane White, Elnaz Amanzadeh Jajin
|Oct 10 - Oct 11, 2020|
Carpentries @ MIT: Intro to UnixShell/Python/Git (online)
Instructors: Ye Li, Ece Turnator, Madeline Wrable, Daniel Sheehan, Christine Malinowski
Helpers: Ye Li, Madeline Wrable, Daniel Sheehan, Christine Malinowski, Phoebe Ayers
|Oct 13 - Oct 16, 2020|
Queensland Cyber Infrastructure Foundation
Instructors: Jason Bell, Stéphane Guillou, Dag Evensberget
Helpers: Masami Yamaguchi, Toan Phung, Mathew Fletcher
|Oct 26 - Nov 3, 2020|
Software Sustainability Institute (online)
Instructors: Antonia Mey
Helpers: Aleksandra Nenadic
|Nov 10 - Nov 11, 2020|
** Workshops marked with asterisks are based on curriculum from The Carpentries lesson programs but may not follow our standard workshop format.
Workshops with a globe icon are being held on line. The corresponding flag notes the country where the host organization is based.
Recent Blog Posts
In addition of the posts below, find out what's happening in our community through The Carpentries blog, a great resource that collates posts from Data Carpentry, Library Carpentry, and Software Carpentry, and publishes updates of general interest to the community.
- Git lesson using worksheetsPariksheet Nanda / 2018-05-26
- Meet the Members of the Software Carpentry CACErin Becker, Belinda Weaver / 2018-05-07
- Launching The Carpentries WebsiteTracy Teal, Belinda Weaver / 2018-04-25
- Running workshops on limited budgetsBelinda Weaver, Toby Hodges, Anelda van der Walt / 2018-04-13
- Launching our New HandbookTracy Teal, Maneesha Sane, Belinda Weaver / 2018-04-11
- Building Library Carpentry Community and DevelopmentTracy Teal, John Chodacki, Chris Erdmann / 2018-04-11
- Developing GitHub labels for The Carpentries lessonsFrançois Michonneau / 2018-04-05
- Mentoring Groups Open for Multiple TimezonesKari L. Jordan / 2018-04-04
- What can I do during the Bug BBQ? · How to be involved in the Bug BBQ?François Michonneau / 2018-04-03
- Who Belongs at CarpentryCon 2018? You Do!Belinda Weaver / 2018-03-23
- More ›
Dialogue & Discussion
You can review our commenting policy here.