Software Carpentry will hold its annual election for the Steering Committee of The Software Carpentry Foundation on January 23-27, 2017. Please consider standing for this election to help shape the future direction for our commmunity. The roles and responsibilities of members of the Steering Committee are available here.
If you are a qualified instructor who has taught at least twice in the past two years, or have done non-teaching work for the community, you can both stand for election and vote. Please visit the list of current members to see who is eligible to stand and vote in our election. If you believe you qualify as a member but are not listed there, please contact us as soon as possible.
In order to stand for election we request that you write a blog post that introduces yourself to the community. The post:
- must be about 500 words
- can be written in any format (question and answer, paragraph etc.)
- must be titled “2017 Election: Your Name”
- must be submitted by December 23, 2016
- your previous involvement with Software Carpentry
- what you would do as a member of the Steering Committee to contribute to the growth and success of the community
Candidates will be given the opportunity to share their thoughts with our community, including ideas for continued involvement, at our two community meetings on January 19, 2017.
COMMUNITY · ELECTIONS · STEERING COMMITTEE
Dialogue & Discussion
You can review our commenting policy here.